Yama Neko Butoku-Kai
Yama Neko Butoku-Kai in Langford
3672 Happy Valley Rd.,
(5-7 minutes from CanWest Mall, Langford)
Ted Truscott, adult classes
Pamela Truscott-White, children's classes
Shorin-ji Ryu karate, ..................
('Shaolin temple style' in Japanese)
- developed by Sakagawa in Okinawa, formalized by Matsumura Soken and introduced to Japan (and the rest of the world) by Funakoshi Gichin, where a modified version became known as Shotokan karate.
- characterised by light, quick movements emphasizing skill development over brute strength.
- The Shorin-ji Ryu taught by O'Sensei Richard Kim of the Butoku Kai includes the wealth of information and fighting skills he learned in his military and martial arts careers, including boxing and aiki jutsu variations.
Classes and Times:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday @
6 - 8 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday @
7 - 9 pm
- Tuesday & Thursday @ 5:30-6:30
- Friday @ 5 - 6 pm
Family rates are available...
Arnis and Bagua Zhang
Please phone for further details. Phone: (250) 474-5434
Private lessons available.
The True Goal of martial arts training is to Better Ourselves:
- to be more capable
- to better achieve our goals
- to be more calm, peaceful and content
- increased self esteem
- increased self confidence
- increased assertiveness
- emotional control and stress relief
- ability to work cooperatively in a group
- ability to lead others
- initiative and independent learning
- understanding of other races and cultures
- increased anaerobic efficiency
- increased aerobic fitness
- increased strength and flexibility
- increased stamina
- firm and tone your body
- enhanced abilities in all other activities
- mind / body unity and harmony
- left / right brain hemisphere integration
From past experience we have found tournaments to be ego driven, not ego controlled and to limit the practice of karate to that which the rules allow. Therefore we do not train for tournaments, although we do not disallow our student's participation if they wish. The Western and Eastern Canadian Butoku Kai both support and train for in-house tournaments.
SELF DEVELOPMENT.....SELF CONFIDENCE.....SELF DISCIPLINE