[Advisors] National Story Collection Contest

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:04:30 +0000

Wow!  Our OLES project is making waves across the country.  The below is wh=
at happened in NS from just ONE of the stories we collected.

This is great coverage and hopefully we can link it back to CAP.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson@gov.nu.ca
From: Anthony Niiganii [aniiganii@mb.e-association.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:34 PM
To: Thompson, Darlene
Cc: Clarice Leader; Rice, Austin

Hey Darlene,

I thought this would be interesting to share.  The Nova Scotia Legislature =
congratulates John Burton for his winning story submission (Resolution 2094=
).
http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/proceedings/hansard/C81/house_11nov08/#HP=
age3315

RESOLUTION NO. 2094

MR. GEOFF MACLELLAN<http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/en/people/members/geo=
ff_maclellan> =AB<http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/proceedings/hansard/C81=
/house_11nov08/#geoff_maclellan0001> =BB<http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/=
proceedings/hansard/C81/house_11nov08/#geoff_maclellan0003> : Mr. Speaker, =
on behalf of the member for Dartmouth East, I hereby give notice that on a =
future day I shall move the adoption of the following resolution:

Whereas John Burton is executive director of the East Dartmouth Boys and Gi=
rls Club in Dartmouth; and

Whereas Mr. Burton's entry into the Office Learning and Essential Skills st=
ory contest has been selected for publication; and

Whereas this collection of stories will be distributed throughout the count=
ry to share the success of projects benefiting adult learning in non-tradit=
ional settings, so they may be replicated in other communities;

Therefore be it resolved that all members of this House of Assembly join me=
 in congratulating Mr. Burton on his achievement, and applaud his commitmen=
t to community improvement not only here but across the country.

Mr. Speaker, I request waiver of notice and passage without debate.

MR. SPEAKER<http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/people/speaker> =AB<http://ns=
legislature.ca/index.php/proceedings/hansard/C81/house_11nov08/#speaker0039=
> =BB<http://nslegislature.ca/index.php/proceedings/hansard/C81/house_11nov=
08/#speaker0041> : There has been a request for waiver.

Is it agreed?

It is agreed.

Would all those in favour of the motion please say Aye. Contrary minded, Na=
y.

The motion is carried.

The honourable member for Inverness.

Cheers,
Anthony

Anthony Niiganii
Project Manager First Nations Initiatives
Manitoba E-Association
100-135 Innovation Drive,
Winnipeg, MB R3T 6A8
Email: aniiganii@mb.e-association.ca<https://nuaccess.gov.nu.ca/f5-w-687474=
70733a2f2f69712d6361732e6e756e617675742e6c6f63616c$$/owa/redir.aspx?C=3De43=
4402f4592432c8bda3b2a5315c886&URL=3Dmailto%3aaniiganii%40mb.e-association.c=
a>
Phone:  (204) 771-0200

"In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous de=
cision." =96 Peter F. Drucker.