[Advisors] Re: [Directors] Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:15:16 -0400

Well, that's a very good question David and it may be more than we
handle. I will be out of the country for the next  12 cays.  In the
meantime, there needs to be a discussion about whether we continue --
or take the option below:

http://www.longwoods.com/content/17390

1. Transitional Procedures for New Corporations

Once the legislation is enacted, all corporations that are currently
governed by Part II of the Canada Corporations Act will be required
to apply for a certificate of continuance in order to achieve
corporate status under the new regime. No fees will be required for
this application, but if an existing corporation fails to take this
step within three years after the coming into force of the Act, it
may be subject to dissolution. Existing corporations therefore have a
significant incentive to comply with the new legislation, as well as
a lengthy period in which to do so.

Marita