[Advisors] Email campaign

Michael Corbett Michael.Corbett at cannor.gc.ca
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:34:30 -0400

--=__Part705EB666.2__=

--=__Part705EB666.3__=

I have not contributed as of late for, I hope, obvious reasons but I
wholeheartedly agree with both James and Marie.

A new plan and program is needed that has some social aspects to it but
focuses around economic development.

In the North we are rolling out the Northern Adult Basic Education
program that is to get folks employed - not necessarily a GED or
anything but an education upgrade for employment or the next level of
employment. In the North its main target is to aid resource development
and a long term return on investment (ROI) and its support but this
approach can be tailored to other rural and remote settings and even
some urban areas.

As James pointed out it has to have no connection to the Liberals and
needs to show ROI and not just social infrastructure. The National
Aboriginal Health Organization (NAHO) funding was canceled which did
great things but had no ROI.

But, keep the pressure up at the same time.

Michael

>>> On 4/7/2012 at 12:44 PM, in message
<2510E91A-15F9-4DE6-8FF6-8C3687482971@ventus.ca>, James Van Leeuwen
<jvl@ventus.ca> wrote:

If the goal is to compel government to extend program support, there
couldn't be too much pressure at this point.

Throw everything at them, but don't get your hopes up.

The Conservatives have a much bigger fire on their hands with the F-35
debacle, and the added heat may just make them spiteful and vindictive
towards the CAP community.

A longer-term objective and strategy is needed, one that focuses on the
next generation of CAP.

The Conservatives have indicated interest if there is a new champion
and a new plan (i.e., no connection back to the Libs).

The plan will have to revolve around economic development.

Doesn't help in the near term, but it's the conversation that needs to
happen.

JvL