[Advisors] Lawful access bill ... push back

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:11:41 -0500

It's going to be tough to get any changes now that the legislation
has been tabled.  But it's going to be impossible if there is no
general push back.  Push back  measures to date (privacy
commissioners open letter, openmedia petition, etc) did result in
some improvements, particularly in the much reduced list of types of
information that would be available without a warrant.  Items dropped
are: mobile identification number, electronic serial number,
international mobile equipment identity number, international mobile
subscriber identity number and subscriber identity module card
number.  That's significant!

I will be giving a session on this legislation at the BC summit --
3:30 Thursday Feb. 23.  If you are going to the summit, hope you'll
attend the session.

Meanwhile -- send a valentine
www.sendvictoewsavalentine.ca

Marita