[Advisors] Fwd: [CivicAccess-discuss] Federal Open Government Announcements

David Murdoch davidjmurdoch at gmail.com
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 12:11:53 -0400

FYI

David Eaves name comes up again.

Best wishes,

David Murdoch

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harvey Low <HLOW@toronto.ca>
Date: Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Subject: [CivicAccess-discuss] Federal Open Government Announcements
To: CivicAccess-discuss@civicaccess.ca

FYI...

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?nid=3D659989

Minister Clement announces Advisory Panel on Open Government

For immediate release

February 28, 2012

Ottawa=A0=96 The Honourable Tony Clement, President of the Treasury Board
and Minister responsible for FedNor, chaired today the first meeting
of an advisory panel of leading experts to provide the Government with
advice and guidance on its Open Government activities.

This follows the Government of Canada's recent=A0online consultation
that sought the views of Canadians on the priority activities that
should be pursued as part of the Open Government Action Plan.

"I want to thank the Canadians who have contributed to our
government's discussions on improving Canada's Open Government. I look
forward to the insight that members of this advisory panel will now
provide to advance Canada's Open Government agenda," Minister Clement
said.

"Canada is a leader in Open Government and we will stay there by
continually seeking to improve," said Minister Clement. "Bringing
together this group of experts will provide us with another important
channel of consultation on the path to the development and
implementation of Canada's Open Government Action Plan."

Chaired by the President of the Treasury Board, the panel comprises
experts from civil society, business, academia and independent
commentators from Canada and abroad. Members will consider how to best
harness Open Government opportunities for innovation and knowledge
sharing, and explore how federal organizations can do an even better
job of consulting Canadians by making effective use of new tools like
social media.

A=A0list of panel members=A0is attached.

For more information, contact:

Sean Osmar
Press Secretary
Office of the President of the Treasury Board and Minister responsible
for FedNor
613-957-2666

Media Relations
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat