[Advisors] summit workshop on internet governance

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 13:40:49 +0000

Gareth and I could probably do an ICANN update but it won't take very long.=
  Also, although I've been on the IGF list for about a year, its still a bi=
t of a mystery to me.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson@gov.nu.ca
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: advisors-admin@tc.ca [mailto:advisors-admin@tc.ca] On Behalf Of Marit=
a Moll
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 8:28 AM
To: advisors@tc.ca
Subject: [Advisors] summit workshop on internet governance

Should we not be organizing a workshop on internet governance -- ICANN, CIR=
A, IGF?  I can talk about CIRA for a bit, but the others still confuse me. =
 Anyone else want to be in on this.

I will get back in touch with CIRA, which seems to have gone into hiding, a=
bout any participation in this event.  I admit I'm disappointed at their la=
ck of action after what seemed like a warm response to the idea.