[Advisors] Re: FW: [ciresearchers] The Facebook Community Commons

Wallace Chigona Wallace.Chigona at uct.ac.za
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:52:47 +0200

--=__Part62533A8F.4__=

--=__Part62533A8F.5__=

I agree there are lots of interesting uses of facebook: I know a
facebook group which people use to [re-]post job adverts in Malawi;
another group is used to share recipes.
=20

>>> "michael gurstein" <gurstein@gmail.com> 2012/07/17 06:25 PM >>>
Very interesting Don... I wasn't aware of this phenom but I'll check to
see
if it is happening in rural Canada as well...

However, I did come across something very similar in rural India (can't
now
put my finger on the name, but it was being cited as a major driver
for
local connectivity/telecentres especially providing a means for
inter-communal trade in things like bicycles etc.