[Advisors] Fwd: [CommunityInformaticsCanada] Nunavut takes over community internet access [CAP] funding

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon, 28 May 2012 08:44:05 -0400

Congratulations to Darlene and her group and to=20
the government of Nunavut for recognizing the=20
importance of this program.  Have any other=20
provinces had success with federal or municipal governments yet.

Marita

 <<mailto:Net-Gold@yahoogroups.com>Net-Gold@yahoogroups.com>
>>Subject: [CommunityInformaticsCanada] Nunavut=20
>>takes over community internet access [CAP] funding
>>
>>Nunavut takes over community internet access funding
>>[excerpt]
>>"...The money will come from the Department of Education.
>>Premier Eva Aariak said the benefits for the more than 20 CAP site
>>projects in Nunavut outweigh the cost.
>>=93Everything learned during these projects contribute to building
>>employability skills, which is so very important," she said.
>>"It is our goal to help Nunavummiut communicate and learn using
>>information technology so they can participate in the growing digital
>>society.=94..."
>><http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/05/26/north-cap-funding-nu=
navut.html>http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/05/26/north-cap-fu=
nding-nunavut.html