[Advisors] FW: [VideoCom] New SSHRC Insight grants announced

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:34:45 -0400

Congrats to one and all on this Susan!

-----Original Message-----
From: videocom-admin@lists.knet.ca [mailto:videocom-admin@lists.knet.ca] On
Behalf Of Susan O'Donnell
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 3:33 PM
To: videocom@lists.knet.ca
Subject: [VideoCom] New SSHRC Insight grants announced

Hi colleagues,

The SSHRC Insight grants were formally announced yesterday by the minister
of state for science and technology, Gary Goodyear. See the media release on
the SSHRC website:
http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/news_room-salle_de_presse/press_releases-communi
ques/2012/basic_research-recherche_fondamentale-eng.aspx

So we can now officially share the news that our new project - First Nations
Innovation: Enterprise ICT Development - was awarded $496,380 to continue
our research for the next five years, to 2017. In addition to the SSHRC
funding, the project partners - Keewaytinook Okimakanak, the First Nations
Education Council, and Atlantic Canada's First Nation Help Desk - are all
making significant in-kind contributions over the five years that will
support community engagement and involvement in the research.

As discussed at our meeting yesterday, we are planning to launch the new
project soon, hopefully in December with a plan B of early 2013. In the
meantime, we will be working with FNEC to develop our new project website.
Until then we will continue to use our existing project site:
http://videocom.firstnation.ca

Bye for now,
Susan

--
Dr. Susan O'Donnell, Researcher and Adjunct Professor Department of
Sociology, University of New Brunswick PO Box 1122, Fredericton, NB, Canada