[Advisors] local digital divide program - Ottawa

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:04:48 -0400

Hello all.  This is a fairly new organization here in Ottawa but timely.
It says Ottawa Chapter -- but I can't find any other chapters so it
seems to be Ottawa-based for now.

I thought that some of you who are looking for models to replace
defunded CAP programs might get some ideas from what is happening here.
I would also like to know if there are similiar programs in your
communities.  There might be some benefit in mutual cooperation -- or at
least awareness.

http://computersforcommunities.ca/c4c/en

The Ottawa Chapter of Computers For Communities is a locally operated
not for profit community organization striving to bridge the digital
divide in the National Capital Region. We provide refurbished computers,
hands-on experiential education, Internet access and job skills training
in exchange for community service.

Computers For Communities advocates the use of affordable, reliable and
accessible technology solutions including mature Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS) in order to help

Marita