[Advisors] Vancouver Community Network youth interns

Shayna Halliwell shayna at vcn.bc.ca
Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:31:23 -0800

Hi everyone,

I haven't said much on this advisor list but we really do appreciate all
the links and updates on issues related to the demise of CAP and the
relevancy of the digital divide in Canada so please keep sending them
our way.

I wanted to provide you all with a link to the work our 44 interns are
doing across Metro Vancouver, as most of their projects draw to a close
in advance of the March 31st end of the funding cycle:
http://internships.vcn.bc.ca/

We have two interns dedicated specifically to the writing, design and
photography you find on the site. There are profiles of our intern host
organizations (the majority of which are former CAP sites which have
found alternate sources of funding), profiles of our interns and how
they are attempting to find work in a troubled economy, and finally a
new project called 'Surf Here' which is being developed to list the
different kinds of classes, workshops and open Internet access across
the city. The intern who is developing that specific project
(http://internships.vcn.bc.ca/surf-here/)is actually looking for funding
to continue it after her Industry Canada-funded internship is over.

Any feedback or questions from those of you on this list are more than
welcome.

Best,
Shayna

--
Shayna Halliwell
Program Coordinator and Office Manager

---
LEGAL CONFIDENTIAL: The information in this e-mail and in any attachment may contain information which is legally privileged and potentially proprietary. Any unauthorized use of the ideas, plans and processes (retroactive of previous discussions or newly shared herein) is strictly prohibited, without the consent of the author and/or organization to which this information belongs. Strict confidence and trust is required to maintain as confidential, the substance of any discussion, and any information derived therefrom.

This information is intended only for the attention and use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to retain, disclose, copy or distribute the message and/or any of its attachments. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify me and delete this message.