[Advisors] "digital strategy" canada?

Gary W Kenward garykenward at eastlink.ca
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:56:37 -0400

There's a lot of ironic humour in your comment.

Thank you.
Gary

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL.

On 2013.02.22, at 1:58 PM, Marita Moll <mmoll@ca.inter.net> wrote:

> Ken, I don't have the answer to this question.  James has been working =
really hard on getting i-Canada to understand the concept of community.
>=20
> I'll pass this to him.
>=20
> Marita
>=20
> On 2/21/2013 11:42 PM, imaginit wrote:
>> Marita:
>>=20
>>   Please clarify for me: the strategy outlined in Michael's posting =
lines up with iCanada's "Innovation Nation" objectives, which focusses =
on investment incentives for internet businesses? An agenda that the =
current government (that is, Prime Minister Stephen Harper) can easily =
align himself with?
>>=20
>>   I am all for promoting investment in high tech in Canada (although =
not a fan of some of the stimuli, such as SR&ED tax credits, another =
component of iCanada's 'platform"). However, based upon the information =
provided on iCanada's web site and it's prolific LinkedIn postings,  I =
find the proposition that iCanada is working for the community to be =
misrepresentative.
>>=20
>>   Do you know of activities by iCanada that are aimed at directly =
engaging Canadian communities, particularly rural, aboriginal, elderly =
and other communities in need?
>>=20
>> Regards,
>> Gary
>>=20
>> "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
>> the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to =
himself.
>> Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
>>     - George Bernard Shaw
>>=20
>> THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PRIVATE AND =
CONFIDENTIAL.
>>=20
>> On 2013.02.21, at 6:43 PM, Marita Moll<mmoll@ca.inter.net>  wrote:
>>=20
>>  =20
>>> The elements of the govt's digital strategy listed in the letter -- =
see link below -- are laughable.  Maybe we should send the minister a =
letter with some suggestions of what a real digital strategy might =
consist of.  Actually there are several articles in the collection "The =
Internet Tree" which would suffice very well.  One is by our very own =
Garth Graham, another by Michael Geist.
>>>=20
>>> Marita
>>>=20
>>> On 2/19/2013 7:05 AM, michael gurstein wrote:
>>>    =20
Canada or