[Advisors] How do you teach digital literacy -- CIRA forum

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sat, 02 Mar 2013 17:23:28 -0500

--------------010500050300010407000706

So here is the posting on that CIRA site under digital literacy.  This
(TC) is the community where the experts are.  What have we got to say in
response?

How do you teach digital literacy? There was a lot of talk at the CIF
about teaching digital literacy to children. It seems to me the question
isn't so much about digital literacy as it is critical thinking. The
Internet amplifies by orders of magnitude the number of voices we hear.
We need to teach children how to distinguish the facts, then determine
the truth as it applies to them, rather than some nebulous buzz word
like digital literacy.

Marita

On 2/28/2013 4:34 PM, Garth Graham wrote:
> Following from CIRA CIF 2013, CIRA has opened an ongoing online forum called myVoice at:
>
> http://cif.cira.ca
>
> GG_______________________________________________
> Advisors mailing list
> Advisors@tc.ca

--------------010500050300010407000706

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
So here is the posting on that CIRA site under digital literacy.&nbsp; This
(TC) is the community where the experts are.&nbsp; What have we got to say
in response?<br>
 style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: proxima_nova_rgregular,helvetica,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 25.5938px; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: rgb(249, 249, 249); display: inline ! important; float: none;">How
do you teach digital literacy? There was a lot of talk at the CIF about
teaching digital literacy to children. It seems to me the question
isn't so much about digital literacy as it is critical thinking. The
Internet amplifies by orders of magnitude the number of voices we hear.
We need to teach children how to distinguish the facts, then determine
the truth as it applies to them, rather than some nebulous buzz word
like digital literacy.</span><br>
Marita<br>