[Advisors] How do you teach digital literacy -- CIRA forum

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 20:40:31 -0800

How about bringing everyone into the loop, not just children, by =
changing the discourse to something like - Digital dexterity =96 =
accelerating the learning curve for gaining personal advantage through =
creative use of ICTs.

GG

On 2013-03-02, at 2:23 PM, Marita Moll wrote:

> So here is the posting on that CIRA site under digital literacy.  This =
(TC) is the community where the experts are.  What have we got to say in =
response?
>=20
> How do you teach digital literacy? There was a lot of talk at the CIF =
about teaching digital literacy to children. It seems to me the question =
isn't so much about digital literacy as it is critical thinking. The =
Internet amplifies by orders of magnitude the number of voices we hear. =
We need to teach children how to distinguish the facts, then determine =
the truth as it applies to them, rather than some nebulous buzz word =
like digital literacy.