[Advisors] UPDATE: NET NEUTRALITY AND MORE

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu, 23 May 2013 14:17:22 -0400

--------------090101020408080405010403

Yes, I saw her interviewed on TVO some time ago.  She is certainly
challenging the status quo.  We need a  book like that about the
Canadian telecom industry.

Marita

On 5/20/2013 10:21 AM, Michael Gillespie wrote:

> If you were going to look for ground zero in the fight against a
> rapidly consolidating telecom and cable industry, you might end up on
> the fifth floor of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York.
>
> Susan Crawford, a professor at the school, has written a book,
> “Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry and Monopoly Power in the New
> Gilded Age,” that offers a calm but chilling state-of-play on the
> information age in the United States. She is on a permanent campaign,
> speaking at schools, conferences and companies — she was at Google
> last week — and in front of Congress, asserting that the status quo
> has been great for providers but an expensive mess for everyone else.
>
> Ms. Crawford argues that the airwaves, the cable systems and even
> access to the Internet itself have been overtaken by monopolists who
> resist innovation and chronically overcharge consumers.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/20/business/media/telecoms-big-players-hold-back-the-future.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130520&_r=0
> <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/20/business/media/telecoms-big-players-hold-back-the-future.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130520&_r=0>

--------------090101020408080405010403

<head>
</head>
Yes, I saw her interviewed on TVO some time ago.  She is certainly
challenging the status quo.  We need a  book like that about the
Canadian telecom industry.<br>
Marita<br>
were going to look for ground zero in the fight against a rapidly
consolidating telecom and cable industry, you might end up on the fifth
floor of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York.</span></p>
Crawford, a professor at the school, has written a book, “Captive
Audience: The Telecom Industry and Monopoly Power in the New Gilded
Age,” that offers a calm but chilling state-of-play on the information
age in the United States. She is on a permanent campaign, speaking at
schools, conferences and companies — she was at Google last week — and
in front of Congress, asserting that the status quo has been great for
providers but an expensive mess for everyone else.</span></p>
Crawford argues that the airwaves, the cable systems and even access to
the Internet itself have been overtaken by monopolists who resist
innovation and chronically overcharge consumers. <br>
 href="http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/20/business/media/telecoms-big-players-hold-back-the-future.html?nl=todaysheadlines&amp;emc=edit_th_20130520&amp;_r=0"

--------------090101020408080405010403--