[Advisors] Federal social financing programs

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Fri Oct 4 10:58:22 PDT 2013

The twilight of social policy in Canada is deepening:

Tories launch ‘social financing’ programs to boost literacy and job skills
BILL CURRY
OTTAWA — The Globe and Mail
Published Thursday, Oct. 03 2013, 11:10 PM EDT
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/tories-launch-social-financing-programs/article14696232/

My guess is that any attempt to gain federal support for digital literacy training programs, or programs like CAPYI, must take this trend into account or fail.  I't's not the outsourcing of a public interest responsibility I object to.  It's turning essential social processes like learning into products.

GG