[Advisors] CIRA elections now on

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Sep 17 06:55:01 PDT 2013

Hello all.  If you are a CIRA member you should have received a request
to vote for your preferred candidate in the CIRA board elections that
just opened. There is a new procedure and your notice will have included
a voter ID and PIN number (which I'm assuming is unique to everyone).
You can vote for three candidates on the nomcom slate and one on the
member's slate.  See also news release:
http://www.cira.ca/news/announcements/members-vote/

Thanks to all of you who supported me in the previous stage of this
election my name is on the members slate.  Kevin McArthur, who I
suggested we should support last year is also on the list.  Kevin was
only elected for a one year term (replacing a board member who had to
resign), has already gone through one year of the learning curve and
done really good work on the board on our behalf with respect to the
newly announced Community Investment Fund.  A regular term on the board
is 3 years.

So, when making your decision on the member slate, please also take a
good look at Kevin's platform.  I am in touch with him regularly and we
are running against each other on friendly terms.  We are hoping to have
both of us on that board within two years.

Whoever you vote for, please exercise your right to vote.  CIRA belongs
to all of us.