[Advisors] Digital Canada 150

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Tue Apr 8 08:36:53 PDT 2014

At last, the great day is at hand, Canada again has a national digital strategy (for those who don't notice irony, it's intended):

http://www.digitaleconomy.gc.ca/eic/site/028.nsf/vwapj/DC150-EN.pdf/$FILE/DC150-EN.pdf

…. and after all these years of struggle and advocacy for the use of the the internet for community development, here's the key to Canada's bright future in a digital world:

> This strategy asks each of us to do our part and demonstrate the same ingenuity and enthusiasm for the grand task at hand as our ancestors did.

i.e Telecommunities Canada should just keep on keeping on.

I think this headline sums it up quite well:

Canada's Digital Strategy Lacks Actual Strategy: http://www.thetyee.ca/Mediacheck/2014/04/08/Canada-Digital-Strategy/

GG