[Advisors] At-Large Summit London (ATLAS) Preparation

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Wed Mar 12 12:23:39 PDT 2014

As part of preparations for the ATLAS II Summit of ALAC in London this coming June, the Chair of the NARALO, Garth Bruen, has been asking ASLs including TC for certain elements of participation.  Some of the requests, I can respond to directly, but the two below call out for fuller TC consideration.

Re (a) the call for identification of a critical issue, I've given this some thought.  What I came up with, and have sent to Bruen identified as a "personal" reflection of where TC sits re Internet Governance is attached below.  Since this is a kind of brainstorming, I don't think we need a formal TC response.  But if anyone has any comments or additional issues, I'll contribute them to the mix.

Re (b) Outreach and recruitment.  Given TC's "regional/national" perspective, are any of you aware of any organizations engaged in Internet use and governance issues that would have the capacity for effective engagement within the ALAC community (and that aren't currently there) that we could recommend?

GG

Begin forwarded message: