[Advisors] At-Large Summit London (ATLAS) Preparation

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:31:44 PDT 2014

I guess my question has to do with my perception that ICANN seems to be
using its role (and the resources that accrue) in manning a major tollbooth
on the Information Highway to not just become a significant element in the
Internet policy ecology but to attempt to become the overall policy ecology
itself (1Net being the most obvious but by no means unique example).

The consequences of this I don't see as being particularly benign for anyone
except those who have accorded ICANN its current position and those who
benefit from this.