[Advisors] FW: [BCC-list] CRTC initiates review of basic telecommunications services for all Canadians

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Sat Apr 11 17:59:14 PDT 2015

Good evening . I just want to make sure as many people as possible get
involved in the CRTC Basic Services Objective announced this week. I created
a PDF (see attached) of the issues, background, and questions being
considered by the CRTC during their process (found at
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2015/2015-134.htm) .

Please circulate and consider writing a response to the CRTC demanding that
they include broadband connectivity with a minimum level of service (UK
announced 100M of service, US announced 25M .) at an equitable cost for all
Canadians .

See the BCC-list message about this announcement below .

Woliwon

Brian Beaton

Research Associate, Keewaytinook Okimakanak Research Institute

Researcher, First Nations Innovation Project

Graduate Student, Faculty of Education, Critical Studies, University of New
Brunswick

Settler ally of Indigenous peoples and future generations

Contact Details:

Snail Mail: Box 104, Station A, Unceded Wolastoqey Traditional Lands,
Fredericton, NB, E3B 4Y2

T: 877-737-5638 x4522

E: brian.beaton at unb.ca

First Nations Innovation - Researching and Publishing First Nation ICT
innovations - http://fn-innovation-pn.com <http://fn-innovation-pn.com/>
and http://fni.firstnation.ca <http://fni.firstnation.ca/>

KO Tribal Council - http://knet.ca <http://knet.ca/>  and KORI -
http://research.knet.ca <http://research.knet.ca/>

e-Community - Bringing People Together with ICT innovations -
http://e-community.knet.ca <http://e-community.knet.ca/>

First Mile - Sharing First Nation ICT stories and innovations -
http://firstmile.ca <http://firstmile.ca/>

University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Education, Graduate Studies and
Mi'kmaq-Wolastoqey Institute - http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/education and
<http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/education/mmi>
http://www.unb.ca/fredericton/education/mmi