[Advisors] Improving broadband connectivity in Canada’s North

Michael Corbett ed at nwtliteracy.ca
Wed Apr 22 10:39:14 PDT 2015

Natasha and the Public Policy Forum did a series of round-tables across the North the winter of 13/14 and this is the report. CanNor helped fund this activity through the GNWT. Its success was really only getting some of the big players in the same room.

But that endeavour, and the work of others, NCIS and their 2 reports in particular, went unnoticed in yesterday's budget. In fact there was nothing I could find about telecoms, broadband, connectivity, the North and anything to do with fibre.

It seems our messages have fallen on deaf ears - at least for now.

Michael Corbett
Executive Director
NWT Literacy Council
Phone: 867-873-9262