[Advisors] CACTUS: New Study Calls for More Coherent Approach to Community Media in Digital Environment

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Nov 2 10:08:16 PST 2015

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 7:35 AM, Gary W Kenward <garykenward at eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
> We can either choose now to advocate for change to the CRTC, or wait and complain fruitlessly when CATA solidifies its influence with the new government.

On Wednesday we are going to see the new Cabinet and that will reveal how the new ministries are defined and aligned.  It is unlikely we’ll be happy, but our strategy has to be based  on wysiwyg.

However, the lobby group we have to watch (although you can’t), isn’t CATA.  It’s the one for all the bigger high tech players, the one that has such close access that they don’t have to yap about it - ITAC. <http://itac.ca/regular-members/>

GG