[Advisors] Bye bye Industry Canada

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:33:34 PST 2015

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/10814912/story.html

-----Original Message-----
From: advisors-bounces at tc.ca [mailto:advisors-bounces at tc.ca] On Behalf Of Garth Graham
Sent: November 4, 2015 9:09 AM
To: advisors <advisors at tc.ca>
Subject: [Advisors] Bye bye Industry Canada

> 	• Navdeep Bains (Ontario) - Innovation, Science and Economic Development.

Perhaps the economic development focus means that the purpose of the Department is shifting to the well being of the Canadian economy overall, and not merely on fostering it’s Industries?”  That would be good.  But this still favours a conventional view of the instrumental and institutions framework of development (i.e.. a CATA/ITAC/Education,etc), rather than the community development focus we advocate.

But……
> 	• Amarjeet Sohi (Alberta) - Infrastructure and Communities.

… I wonder what that means?

GG