[Advisors] consultation re: WSIS outcomes

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Sun Oct 4 11:32:25 PDT 2015

Marita … Thanks for including us in this effort. I am sure you have a lot to read in preparation for Wed’s session but here is some more info for your consideration …

·         The CRTC is presently (finally) involved in its public hearings on the Basic Service Objectives. We just completed the second round of interventions. There was A LOT of submissions for the initial round. The First Mile Connectivity Consortium is participating with our initial submission and submitting questions for the second round. You can pick up the submission and the various interventions at our web site at http://firstmile.ca … the news story about our initial submission has links to all the other submissions as well … the public and civil society is pushing the CRTC to get involved in broadband services but the telcos are saying they should stay out of it …

·         The First Nations Innovation research project has over 70 publications and presentations posted on the same web site with links to the published articles, book chapters and presentations about our research and work over the years. You can also see the bilingual articles at http://fn-innovation-pn.com

Hope this helps … let me know if you have any questions about this material. I am copying a couple of my research collaborators, Drs. Rob McMahon and Susan O’Donnell, on this message in case they have anything to add … Good luck on your intervention …

Woliwon

Brian Beaton

Researcher, First Nations Innovation Project

Doctoral Candidate, Faculty of Education, Critical Studies, University of New Brunswick

Research Associate, Keewaytinook Okimakanak Research Institute

Settler ally of Indigenous peoples and future generations

Contact Details:

Snail Mail: Box 104, Station A, Unceded Wolastoqey Traditional Lands, Fredericton, NB, E3B 4Y2

T: 506-261-1344

E:  <mailto:brian.beaton at unb.ca> brian.beaton at unb.ca

 <http://firstmile.ca/> http://firstmile.ca