[Advisors] CIRA elections -- we do make a difference here

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sat Sep 26 08:11:02 PDT 2015

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes.

My actual term on the board does not start till the beginning of
November and I will be signing a "confidentiality agreement" so my
ability to speak about what goes on there will be restricted.  There are
other board members who would like to see some more openness, and now
there is one more.  In the meantime, I will do whatever I can to keep
you informed of issues, and decisions.

But we should realize that, as a group, we have an impact here if we
vote.  Only about 700 people vote in this election. We already have at
least 12 CIRA members in this group who are exercising their vote. I am
sure we can add to that. I am asking any of you who have .ca domain
names to apply for membership. It is free and easy.  Just go this site
and follow instructions: https://member.cira.ca/en/member.html. If you
have any difficulties just let me know.  I can interface with CIRA staff.

The rules have changed lately so that you can no longer apply for
membership during the election period -- it needs to be done in advance.
That's why I encourage you to do that now while it is currently a topic
on the table.

Please note that you can only have one membership (i.e. only vote once)
even if you have a dozen .ca domain names. But your membership does not
run out -- i.e. you do not have to reapply every year.