[Advisors] Huawei's future R'us

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Wed Sep 30 16:39:09 PDT 2015

Huawei makes the future so they are probably better at predicting it than we are.  For example, all the switches in the Telus network that serves me are Huawei.  Their current vision is captured in the acronym ROADS:
http://www.huawei.com/minisite/mwc2015/en/articles/roads.html

They say, "enterprises must adopt a consumer mindset, paying close attention to user perceptions and interests. User experience in the information age features five elements: real time, on-demand, all-online, DIY, and social; or ROADS for short.

Here’s how they define the element “Social:”
"Social networking platforms allow users to share experiences, insights, and views about online services. These platforms help to create fan bases, enhance user loyalty, and give users a sense of belonging.”

You user/consumer you, do you feel that “sense of belonging?” Has your humanity been increased?

GG