[Advisors] new years update, members list and other

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Jan 3 11:40:14 PST 2017

Greetings and best wishes for 2017 to all TC advisors.

Just as a small update, in 2016 we managed to sort out our banking and
address issues and complete all the filing with ISED (formerly Industry
Canada). We submitted two interventions, one to the CRTC Basic Service
Hearings and one to the 2016 pre-budget consultations. We also
participated in the consultations on the digital economy and supported
eachother's submissions. That's not bad for this very resource lean
organization. We actually got a response from the Finance department re:
our submission and the CRTC decision re: basic services was very much
along the lines of what we had suggested. Not taking any credit here --
we have been saying these things for years - but it all helps. This year
I hope we can find a way to have occasional teleconferences - there are
some new tools out there. I also hope that we can extend our reach at
the international level through the North American At-Large Organization
(NARALO), part of the ICANN outreach mechanism.

I also wanted to let you know that the TC advisors list serves as our
membership list. There are 69 e-mail addresses on this list, although
2-3 of you seem to be under more than one address. There is no charge
for membership although we encourage you to make a donation through the
paypal button on the TC site (tc.ca) or by sending a cheque to our new
address: Telecommunities Canada, c/o National Capital Freenet, 1305
Richmond Road, Suite 206, Ottawa On, K2B 7Y4.

Our listserver is still housed with Victoria Freenet and Ian Allen is
still graciously acting as our webmaster. Thanks to these people, our
overhead costs are minuscule.  What little money we have (less than
$5000) is reserved for the costs of filing our annual non-profit
organization returns and other absolutely essential items that might
come up.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list please go
tohttp://victoria.tc.ca/mailman/listinfo/advisors and follow instructions.