[Advisors] request: What is a community network

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Jun 15 06:31:54 PDT 2017

Hello all. I have agreed to give an opinion to a ARIN (American Registry
for Internet Numbers), from our side of the 49th, on the question: *What
is a community network?*

The purpose is to retain this language on the ARIN policy manual.
Currently it is recognized that Community Networks are not the same as
private ISPs and are given special consideration with respect to the
cost of purchasing blocks of Internet addresses (specifically IPV6).  It
would be good not to lose that, even if it is hardly used. ARIN (despite
the name) serves all of North America so it does affect us.