[Advisors] Have your say -- .amazon straw poll

Kevin Battersby kevin at battersby.net
Sat Oct 28 12:41:46 PDT 2017

Hello Marita,

In the spirit of humans first:

On October 28, 2017 20:31:34 Marita Moll wrote:

Hi colleagues. I am at the ICANN meeting in Abu Dhabi where a big battle is
shaping up over who gets to use the word Amazon as a top level domain -- as in
.amazon. Should it be a mega U.S. based retailer or the people of the Amazon
represented by the government of Brazil? Not that it is going to be up to us, but I
thought it would be fun to do a straw poll -- what do you think? Which way should
it go? At the very least, I can throw your comments into the mix in a
multistakeholder policy meeting.

Here is some background on this controversy:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/09/27/brazil_dot_amazon_gtld/[1]
If you feel so inclined, just send me back a

Yes = let Amazon (Jeff Bezos) have it
No = it belongs to the people of that region
Cheers
Marita

--
Regards,