[Advisors] an excellent article about municipal broad band in U.S.

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Tue Sep 5 14:44:57 PDT 2017

Marita .. KNET¹s work since 1994 (24 years)  is a direct result of this
attitude by telcos in Canada .. I would add that the BIG TELECOM¹s continue
to milk the public broadband funding opportunities with their ³last mile²
approach to expanding their centralized networks using the public dollars on
the premise that these expansions / developments will support the regional
network developments. After 20 years of accessing these publicly funded
programs we see how well they have done reaching their ³last mile². For this
reason, we set up the First Mile Connectivity Consortium (FMCC ­
http://firstmile.ca) with Indigenous network partners who are developing
broadband networks and services with the First Mile in mind so everyone
along the route is properly served.

Brian