[Advisors] CIRA elections

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Sep 21 06:52:42 PDT 2017

Hello all. Those of you who are CIRA members should have received your
voting notice by now. You can pick one candidate from the members
candidates list and 3 from the nomcom selected list. I have been asked
who I am supporting this round.

 From the members list:

There are a lot of choices here. I am supporting Andrew Escobar who is
currently a director and seeking another term. The board needs at least
one of the four incoming members to have some history of current board
business. He is a good person to work with, he is also the youngest
person on the board, and he is sympathetic to the community perspective.

 From the nomcom list:

I will support Jill Kowalchuk. I don't know her but I like what I see as
her non-profit and public interest background. Also, we need to be
mindful of the gender balance on the board.

As for the other candidates -- I don't have any particular preferences.
There are only 5 candidates on the list. I will leave you to take a look
at it. Scroll down to the bottom of this site to see who is in the running:

https://cira.ca/election-results