[Advisors] Seeking your support -- CIRA elections

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Fri Aug 31 09:36:18 PDT 2018

Hello advisors. I am running for a second term on the CIRA board as one
of the member slate representatives. There is only one position open
this year. It is a 15 member board which includes experts from legal,
financial, small business, registrars, and the IT community.   But the
board also needs people in direct contact with representatives like the
members of this list who are directly engaged in grassroots community
initiatives.  I think that is an important perspective I can bring to
the conversations.

I would also note that the Community Investment Program, after five
years of operation, will be entering a thorough review period. There are
many ways the fund could be realigned but I would be supporting a
position that would see small community projects continue to be part of
the funding envelope.

Yesterday those of you who are CIRA members (i.e. you have a .ca domain
name and have applied for membership) will have received a message
called "*support your nominees.*" This contains an ID and PIN that
allows you to engage in this initial part of the election process. This
is  a very important part of the process. A candidate must get 20
supporters to stay on the list. At the end of the process the total
number of supporters for each remaining candidate is posted. This has a
very big effect on how the rest of the community votes. The support
period continues until Sept. 13.

NOTE: If you are a member (or think you are) and did not receive the
message called "support your nominees", please let me know. I can
probably help.

Thank you for your time and I urge you to engage in the process.