[Advisors] CIRA elections in September

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Thu Jul 19 13:36:09 PDT 2018

Hello advisors. I am currently at the end of my 3 year term as a
member-slate elected representative on the CIRA board. As you can
imagine, learning how to navigate these environments can take some time.
In order to take advantage of what I have learned in my first term, I am
going to running for a second term and I will be hoping for your support
when the election period begins in late August. This year there is only
one seat available for the member slate so competition will be intense.

My goal, getting into this, was to do what I could to represent the
interest of community groups who work directly with end users -- which
is not a a group that is heavily represented around that table. The most
visible part of that work goes on through the community investment fund.
This year I was appointed co-chair of that fund and I would really like
to have an active role in continuing to shape how it unfolds --
especially as the program is about to enter a review period when all
options for how that fund could evolve will be back on the table.

In preparation for those upcoming elections, I would like to invite any
of you who have a .ca domain name and are not currently CIRA members to
apply for membership. *You must be a member by Sept. 6 in order to cast
a vote in this year's elections.
*

You can apply for membership here:
https://cira.ca/membership/become-a-member
**

If you have applied for membership before, you don't need to renew.
Don't know if you are a member? If you are not receiving occasional
newsletters from CIRA, you are not a member.