[Advisors] A survey on geonames

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon Aug 12 18:27:37 PDT 2019

Hello advisors. Part of the work I have taken on at ICANN is to be one
of the representatives speaking for the end-user community on the
subject of the allocation of geo names at the top level: e.g.
.vancouver, .amazon, victoriafalls, etc. A survey has been constructed
to help us gage the feeling of the community on various aspects of this
issue. We are asked to send this survey around to our contacts. It would
be very helpful if some of you could take a few moments to look at this
and try to respond. I appreciate that some of this might be framed in
language that is not entirely accessible -- and any comments you might
have in that regard -- please do communicate them to me.

Meanwhile, even if you can answer some of these questions, it would be
of great assistance to us. Survey is here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UD-cx1Q_R3LeiJRHmBpxaP005JD1Y6Q7AbclMKV1zkQ/edit

Many thanks