[Advisors] more on CIRA community investment fund

Brian Beaton brian.beaton at knet.ca
Mon Jun 3 14:43:21 PDT 2019

Marita .. I too wish to echo Kerry¹s words about your leadership and
involvement with CIRA over the years. I sure appreciated your words of
encouragement and willingness to challenge the strong urban / institution
approach being pushed by others ..

I am unsure of its future direction as the project selection committee takes
on its new directions. Kerry said his term is over after six years but I too
was told that my two years was going to be my last. So it will be
interesting to see who will be invited to participate in the project
selection team next year.

I was quite vocal about the lack of rural representation on the committee
and critical of the focus on research institutions and well funded urban
organizations claiming to be able to deliver services for rural citizens
[smiles].

I learned a lot from the experience and I am glad you helped provide me with
this opportunity.

Brian