[Advisors] Fwd: [IP] Sale of .org domain registry delayed by California attorney general

Brian Beaton brianbeaton at knet.ca
Fri May 1 10:26:05 PDT 2020

Thanks for this one Evan .. Maybe I missed something along the way here but why would there be this $360M debt? Is it because the size of the sale offer of $1.1B? Makes me really wonder about these so-called hedge funds and the tax games they play .. How can they ever be trusted?

“The Public Interest Registry, a Pennsylvania-based nonprofit overseen by the Internet Society, would have been spun off as a private company saddled with $360 million in debt.”