[Advisors] New CIRA report reveals critical funding gaps facing community organizations working to improve internet access

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Mon Oct 5 10:46:04 PDT 2020

This study is worth a look -- a pretty extensive survey reiterating some
of the issues the TC community and previous government programs (CAP,
etc.) attempted to address in the past. Some new ideas in how they might
be addressed.
**

*Unconnected: Funding shortfalls, policy imbalances and how they are
contributing to Canada's digital underdevelopment**
*

As COVID-19 forces more of our lives online, we have released a new
report detailing the funding shortfalls facing groups working to improve
the quality of Canada’s internet. Based on 50 in-depth telephone
interviews, the study finds that funding for digital development
projects are piecemeal, ad hoc and unorganized

https://www.cira.ca/resources/report/unconnected