[Advisors] video on internet history

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Tue Jan 19 08:28:04 PST 2021

Hello advisors. I am sending you a link to a wonderful lecture I watched
this morning compliments of the Virtual School of Internet Governance
(VSIG).

It is a one hour lecture with Dr. Niels ten Oever of the University of
Amsterdam who does a wonderful job of explaining the architecture of the
Internet, it's history and evolution. It is a little bit technical but
not too much for anyone on this list -- and if you stick with it to the
end, you will learn why it is extremely difficult, and getting ever more
so, to build human rights and privacy protections into the
infrastructure and why we should care about this.

https://youtu.be/aPI5AX-0xjo <https://youtu.be/aPI5AX-0xjo>