[Advisors] overcoming digital divides -- workshop series

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Mar 17 16:24:42 PDT 2021

Hello advisors. Further to Garth's notes about the affordable internet
day conference, I checked out the Ryerson series below that was listed
in Garth's notes. All of these relate directly to the interests of most
of this group. And I think, with the many years of experience we share,
we have a lot to contribute.

They are 1 1/2 hours sessions. I encourage as many of you as possible to
register for some of these. The Public Internet Access one on June 9 is
of particular interest to me, having spent so many hours on the CAP
(community access program) issues. I am pleased to see it back on the
agenda. But I will probably register for 4 of them.

Overcoming Digital Divides: Workshop Series
https://www.ryersonleadlab.com/overcoming-digital-divides

  	Indigenous, Rural and Remote Communities, Thursday, March 25, 2021

	Low-Income Communities, Wednesday, April 7, 2021

	Older Adults and Digital Literacy, Wednesday, April 28, 2021

  	People with Disabilities and Accessibility, Wednesday, May 19, 2021

	Public Internet Access, Wednesday, June 9, 2021

  	Youth and Digital Skill, Wednesday, June 23, 2021