[Advisors] sad news

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Fri Oct 8 17:25:22 PDT 2021

I am so sorry to say that Brian Beaton has died. Brian was an active
member and supporter of TC (Telecommunities Canada) right into early
this year. I will miss his acute insight and perspectives grounded in
the community contexts he knew so well. He was a remarkable man who had
a vision of community-owned infrastructure from early days. I always
wanted to be a fly on the wall in the National Broadband Taskforce
discussions. He came out of that with some serious telco/gov't
contributions to First Nations owned communications networks -- back in
the late 1990s.

Here are a couple of articles about his life.

http://www.mcadamsfh.com/obituaries/156880
<http://www.mcadamsfh.com/obituaries/156880>

This tribute is the best

https://nbmediacoop.org/2021/10/03/remembering-brian-beaton/
<https://nbmediacoop.org/2021/10/03/remembering-brian-beaton/>
<https://nbmediacoop.org/2021/10/03/remembering-brian-beaton/>

Remembering Brian Beaton – NB Media Co-op
<https://nbmediacoop.org/2021/10/03/remembering-brian-beaton/>
The NB Media Co-op is pleased to announce that Abram Lutes is the
inaugural recipient of the Brian Beaton Annual...
nbmediacoop.org

<http://www.mcadamsfh.com/obituaries/156880>

Brian Kenneth Beaton <http://www.mcadamsfh.com/obituaries/156880>
Brian Beaton passed away peacefully in Fredericton Hospice on Saturday,
October 2, 2021. Before going into his final sleep, Brian spoke of his
love for his children and grandchildren, his pride in what they managed
to make of their lives, and his gratitude for all the love they gave him.
www.mcadamsfh.com