[Advisors] welcome Aron Jenkins

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Sun Apr 10 11:32:02 PDT 2022

Hello Advisors. We have just added a new member. Aron Jenkins comes to
us through Clarice Leader in Manitoba. He sends us the following piece
as intro. Welcome Aron.

---------------------------------

 From Aron:

It started about the year 2000. I got my first computer. I played around
with Windows for a few years, but it wasn’t until I discovered Linux my
love of technology was born. My job at the time was heavy construction
but most of my spare time was spent on the command line – breaking and
fixing what I could by myself.

Since that time, I have continued with my love of technology, but I have
incorporated it into my new line of work – helping individuals with
intellectual difficulties. At present I am helping with a project that
will use an application to support an individual at work instead of
having a job coach on site. This project came about due to COVID and had
seen some great buy in.

I help anyone wanting to know more about technology and look for ways to
make it affordable to everyone. In the past I initiated a repurposing
program, where I advertised the collection of old computers with the
intention to repurpose and distribute to those in need.  I really
enjoyed this and is something I would like to get back into doing.