[Advisors] America’s declining societal trust will harm its innovation ecosystem

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Feb 6 11:35:28 PST 2023

While admittedly ITIF is a bit further to the right than I am, its reference to the “public sphere” instead of consumers is another indicator of how things are changing.  This short article frames a dimension of the current climate of socio-economic change in a significant way.

"Digital innovation isn’t undermining societal trust, but declining societal trust will eventually undermine digital innovation. … The most serious losses of trust occur when people learn the truth about what has actually happened. Whether these truths emerge first from online or offline sources is a relatively minor factor."

DAVID MOSCHELLA. Digital Innovation Isn’t Undermining Societal Trust; It’s the Other Way Around. ITIF, FEBRUARY 2023

https://www2.itif.org/2023-defending-digital-14-trust.pdf

I know, I know, you didn’t need one more problem!
GG