[Advisors] link for WSIS+20 livestream -- 11:30 EDT

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Wed Mar 15 07:03:28 PDT 2023

Good morning advisors. As we have now moved to daylight savings time,
the previous time is one hour out. This public forum starts today (Wed.
Mar.15) at *11:30 EDT.) See link below..............*

In doing some background research for this, I recalled that here in
Canada, TC was part of a consultation in 2005 preparing a statement from
Canadian civil society.  Representatives from numerous NGOs were asked
about their views on the plan of action that emerged from WSIS Phase 1
and the prospects for Phase 2 in Tunis. It was called "Paving the Road
to Tunis - 2005."  I think Garth was there and perhaps also Clarice. I
remember a very effective presentation by Gareth Shearman and Peter
Frampton. This was an in person meeting funded by various government
departments but under the auspices of Foreign Affairs.

I never expected to be looking at this again 20 years later!!!

I only have 3 minutes to speak in today's Forum but it is billed as an
awareness raising exercise and further opportunities to learn about this
and how endusers and civil society can be involved are expected. I will
be bringing up the Canadian experience -- maybe some of the Canadian
members of the Government Advisory Committee will be intrigued and even
interested in repeating this. I am pretty sure that none of them were
around for the first version so would not know about it.

Marita