[Advisors] info needed re govt programs

Marita Moll mmoll at ca.inter.net
Fri May 26 10:00:38 PDT 2023

Hello advisors. I will be attending ICANN77 in Washington D.C. in a
couple of weeks. There is a roundtable discussion:

"Government efforts to expand Broadband Access in the US and Canada"
will explore and critique federal, state and local initiatives to make
broadband more available, affordable and usable. The panel will look at
different approaches taking place in urban, rural and Indigenous
communities and how these efforts are progressing, including programs
seeking to improve access, financial affordability, device availability
and end user activation.*
*

*Date: Monday 12 June - 10:45- 12:15*

One of our members from National Capital Freenet -- Andrew Marty Asare
will be speaking remotely about some work he and NCF are doing on the
ground to get people connected. I am also on that panel. I am wondering
if any of you have examples I can use about how you are working with
government programs to fill the connectivity gap -- and how that is
working out -- or not. This is about different approaches -- and I am
sure some of you have some examples to offer.

Many thanks

Marita

**