[Sican] CAP Youth

Mae Shearman mae@victoria.tc.ca
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 03:23:05 -0700

Hello CAP sites

It has now become clear what our student allotment for the rest of
the calendar year is going to be.

SICAN has been assigned 10 CAP Youth positions and one CAP Youth
supervisor.  The youth positions are for either the summer or fall.
Accordingly, for the Victoria area, we have decided to hire two
students for the summer and three for the fall.

CAP Youth positions outside Greater Victoria.
We have been in touch with some of you with sites outside of Victoria
to ask for your preference of time period for CAP Youth.  We have
been given permission to split some of the positions into half-time
positions so that we may better serve some of the smaller rural
communities that are part of SICAN. Sites will be contacted
individually about these positions.

Our CAP Youth supervisor, who will be with us until the end of
December, is Jasjit Singh  (jasjit@victoria.tc.ca).

The two summer students in Victoria are Warren Kline
(wkline@victoria.tc.ca) and David Chapman (dchapman@victoria.tc.ca).
Some of you have already met them and they will be visiting more
sites in the next weeks.  I'm sure all the students will be very
busy, there aren't nearly as many of them to go around as we had in
the spring.

CAP Youth can assist at sites in the following procedures:
   Helping site clientele to understand and use the Internet.
   Assistance with site home page development (as per Industry
Canada's requirements).
   As time is available: Client assistance with use of computer
programs (word processing, spread sheets, etc)
If you have questions please ask.

CAP Youth contact information:
744-2973
or, if you are outside of the Victoria dialing area, at
SICAN's Toll Free phone number 1-866-477-4226.

If you have questions, please contact me.
Mae

--
Mae Shearman                Victoria Free-Net Association
     250-479-3596 phone      4252 Commerce Circle