[Sican] Digital inclusion and community access

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon Jan 27 16:10:11 PST 2014

This email is to introduce Cam Pasternak, a Youth Intern who will be working for Victoria Free-Net Association (VIFA) on a survey of and report on current and future digital inclusion and public computer access programs in social service and not-for-profit agencies in the greater Victoria area, including especially the members of the South Island Community Access Network (SICAN).

Free-Net has recently received a short-term Youth Intern Initiative grant from Industry Canada.   We intend to use the grant to explore the future of community access and digital inclusion in our region, and VIFA's role in it.  This follows from the sun setting of Industry Canada’s Community Access Program (CAP) in 2012, and hopefully builds on the experience of digital inclusion that the community gained from that program.

Cam will be contacting SICAN members between now and the end of March 2014.  We ask your assistance in helping him achieve the objectives of our survey.

For further information or comment, please contact:

Cameron Pasternak
campas at uvic.ca
250-857-0765

or

Garth Graham
Acting President, Victoria Free-Net association (VIFA)
Garth.graham at telus.net
250-721-5494