[Sican] VIFA AGM July 8th

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Thu Jun 19 07:13:24 PDT 2014

Victoria Free-Net Association
Announcement of Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, July 8, 7:30 pm
Location: Board Room, Vancouver Island Technology Park
#2201- 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
 (VITP is located next to Camosun College’s Interurban Campus)

Please note:
Any one may attend, but only paid members can vote.  Memberships ($25) may be paid at the door.

Parking is free after 6:00 pm

The Victoria Free-Net Association has successfully navigated a year of difficult transitions.  Our financial stability has improved, and we are close to our goal of operating on revenues from services.  As of the AGM, we will have been one year in our new Vancouver Island Technology Park home.  It’s time to report to the members.  Please join us in reviewing our progress on becoming an open community-based platform that supports all people in using the Internet to improve their lives.

AGENDA:

1. Minutes of last AGM
2. Report of the directors (president's report)
3. Treasurer's report and consideration of the financial statements
4. Motion to dispense with a formal audit
5. Business brought under consideration by recommendation of the directors issued with this notice convening the meeting.
5.1. Notice of intention to change the VIFA bylaws re the fiscal year.  The directors recommend to the AGM a change in the by-laws to alter the fiscal year to the calendar year so that our financial reports fit better with the reporting requirements of other agencies, as follows:

   The existing by-law is as follows:

     Section 14. Miscellaneous
·              14.1 The fiscal year shall run from November 1 to October 31 the next year.

     By special resolution, change 14.1 to:
·              14.1 The fiscal year shall run from January 1 to December 31.

6. Election of Board of Directors

 Garth Graham
VIFA Acting President