[Sican] Victoria Free-Net Association AGM Announcement

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Tue Nov 24 09:33:51 PST 2015

Victoria Free-Net Association
Annual General Meeting Announcement
Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 7:00 pm
Location: Board Room, Vancouver Island Technology Park
#2201- 4464 Markham Street, Victoria, BC
(VITP is located next to Camosun College?s Interurban Campus)

Please note:
- Anyone may attend, but only paid members can vote. Memberships ($25) may be paid at the door.
- Parking at the Technology Park is free after 6:00 pm

Please join us in reviewing VICTORIA FREE-NET's progress on becoming an open community-based platform that supports all people in using the Internet to improve their lives.

Since our last AGM in July 2014, our volunteer staff has concentrated on designing, integrating and implementing two effective management control systems - finances and customer relations. This focus has been successful, but had a detrimental impact on our outreach activities and our ability to respond to client needs. Rapidly and effectively addressing client needs is our next step, but we need help in getting there. Please consider volunteering to help in the growth of a community-owned Internet Services Provider.

We anticipate that the new Societies Act will require us to maintain public access to financial statements. Accordingly, the Statement of VIFA’s Financial Position for the 14 months to December 2014, to be tabled at the AGM, can be found here:

http://www.victoria.tc.ca/financial/VIFA_Year_End_Financial_Report-201412.pdf

AGENDA:
1. Minutes of last AGM
2. Report of the directors (president's report)
3. Treasurer's report and consideration of the financial statements
4. Motion to dispense with a formal audit
5. Anticipation of revision of VIFA?s constitution and by-laws made necessary by the new Societies Act.
6. Election of Board of Directors

Regards,
Garth Graham
Chair

Victoria Free-Net Association
2L, 4476 Markham Street
Victoria, BC V8Z 7X8

250 727-7057
accounts at vifa.ca

Free-Net is a non-profit ISP supporting community since 1992!